Karma Auto Transport/Van 3 Auto is a registered and licensed carrier (MC#664525) and broker (MC#869207) with U.S. Department of Transportation. Department of Transportation. Customer is the registered legal owner of the vehicle(s) being transported and has authority to enter into this Agreement or has been authorized by the legal owner of the vehicle(s) to enter into this Agreement.
This agreement between the customer, (hereinafter referred to as "Customer"), and Karma Auto Transport allows Karma to contract with another licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s) to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order.
1. Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your residence as legally possible under the law. A mutually agreeable location to load or unload may be necessary in some cases. Most of the time a mutually agreeable location is used when there are low trees, low hanging wires, small streets and residential area restrictions.
2. Karma Auto Transport will provide Customer with an estimated pickup and delivery dates. Delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to road conditions, weather and mechanical problems, etc. There are no 100% guarantees in regards pick-up or delivery times and dates. Karma Auto Transport or the Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages due to delays of any kind or for any reason. Car rental fees or any accommodation fees should be paid by the customer, not Carrier of Karma Auto Transport. Karma Auto Transport or the Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
3. Karma or the Carrier jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between its pick up location and the destination set forth on this shipping order-bill of lading.
4. Customer must prepare vehicle in a condition so that it is ready for transport. This means that loose parts, low hanging spoilers, and others should be removed. The Customer should remove all non-permanent outside racks before to shipment for safety reasons. Vehicles must be released to carrier in good running condition (unless specified as a vehicle that is not in running condition) with enough fuel to be loaded on to a car hauler. Cars that cannot operate on its own power will be a subject to additional $150 charge. Any part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is the Customer's responsibility.
5. Customer should turn off any alarm system installed in the vehicle prior to pick up.
6. Karma may, at its sole discretion, subcontract its obligations hereunder.
7. Customer should remove all detachable personal belongings from the vehicle(s). Karma Auto Transport may impose additional fees, for the transport of contents left inside a vehicle. In no event, however, will Karma Auto Transport be responsible if such items left inside a vehicle are lost or stolen.
8. If the vehicle is not in running condition or has major modifications there will be extra charges. If Karma Transport is not told of inoperable or modified vehicles before pick-up, all charges must be paid in cash or money order upon delivery or over the phone to Karma Auto Transport.
9. Once a carrier has been assigned to pick up and transport Customer's vehicle Karma Auto Transport notifies the Customer via email or phone call or both.
10. Cancellation of your order must be processed only in writing via email sent to email@example.com. Customer cancels his order, before to the assignment of a Carrier, the deposit paid will be refunded in full within 2 business days. If the Customer decides to cancel his order after a truck has been assigned to pick up their vehicle the deposit will not be refunded.
11. The Customer agrees that Karma Auto Transport has the right to reject any order for any reason at any time.
12. At the time of pick up, Customer and Carrier will inspect the vehicle for any damage on the exterior by completing a vehicle inspection report. This vehicle inspection report includes closely looking at any exterior damage by both the Carrier and the Customer. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the bill of lading for his/her own records.
13. Customer shall identify any damage to any vehicle(s) by noting the damage on the Bill of Lading received by Customer at the time of delivery regardless of the time of day. Any claims related to noted damage must be submitted in writing to Karma Auto Transport within 24 hours. Customer hereby waives any damage claims that are not noted on the Bill of Lading or for which Customer has not submitted a timely written claim.Karma Auto Transport shall not be liable directly, in subrogation, or by assignment to Customer's insurance company for any claims paid by the Company. Karma Auto Transport Will not be liable for any incidental, indirect or consequential damages.
- Section 10761 of the Interstate Commerce Act (49 USC 10761) the payment of freight charges may not be postponed due to alleged loss or damage. These charges should be paid in full and the portion applicable to the lost or damaged item should be included in the freight claim. The following items are important to remember:
- Claims and payment of freight charges are two separate transactions.
- ICC regulations do not allow withholding payment of freight bills due to a claim that is pending.(Administrative Ruling No. 128)
- Without payment of the freight charges, payment for transportation has not been made. A valid claim will not be paid until freight charges are made.
14. Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and is signed by the Customer. Carrier responsibility will end when the Customer signs final inspection and vehicle is delivered.
15. Karma Auto Transport / Carrier will not be responsible for damage caused by acts of God.Acts of god include but are not limited to hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from worn/broken parts of vehicle/item.
16. If the customer is not there to accept the vehicle, he/she should designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up or delivery. This agent will sign the final bill of lading.
17. Customer warrants that he/she will pay the transportation price/deposit due to Karma Auto Transport. Carrier in full and will not try to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc from freight (transport) charges! It is the Customer's responsibility to have any payment due when the Carrier arrives to deliver their vehicle. All payments to Carrier must be in the form of Cash, Cashier's check or Money order - No exceptions. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering car carrier and not -Karma Auto Transport Personal checks or credit cards will not be accepted for the remaining balance - No exceptions! If Customer is not there to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle/item will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and delivery charges will be paid by the customer.
18. This agreement was constructed in agreement with the laws of the State of Illinois.
19. The parties here agree that all actions or proceedings arising in connection with this agreement shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State of Illinois.
This agreement and any shipment are subject to terms and conditions of the carriers' tariff and the bill of lading, which is available at the office of Karma.
This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Karma Auto Transport and constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Karma Auto Transport and may not be changed except in writing signed by an authorized person from Karma Auto Transport.
Karma Auto Transport U.S. Carrier's license number is 664525